7.18.2011

Weekend Update

Well we had quite a busy weekend. To start off, Ethan has a horrible diaper rash - we're talking red and oozing. So he has been a bit of a pill this last weekend. We went to Target and got some Beaurdeaux's Butt Paste, which seems to be working well. While at Target I got three plain tank tops for 6 bucks each, which was pretty darn awesome I must say. I also got a pair of capris for 15 bucks. I don't know if the sale is still going on, but it is so worth it to stop by and see whatever have!

So that was Friday, we rented Rango because nobody had said they were going to come over, but I never got to watch it because Suz, Miles and Kristen came over with the intention of playing Carcassonne. Carcassonne is my latest obsession, it's much like Settlers of Catan - you build your cities out of tiles and get victory points for every city, road, and farm you complete. I have the app on my phone - it looks like this:



I'd rotate the picture but that would require me to get on my comp, which I haven't done for at least two weeks ( thank you iPhone). It's a pretty neat game, if you can buy the app I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

So Saturday we went and saw the final Harry Potter film in the theater, it was matinee so only 12 bucks! Amazing to see a movie and not shell out 25. I really enjoyed it, I can't say how close to the final book it was because it's been so long since I read it. I'm thinking of getting the ebooks, but its going to have to wait until I am finished with "A Song of Ice and Fire", which is what the HBO series "A Game of Thrones" is based off of.

Sunday we had Austine's parents and siblings over. We played kinect and they loved it. They are thinking about buying one, which would be neat. There are a lot of kid friendly games on that system. The cousins then came over and brought the new Mortal Kombat (speaking of kid friendly lol). It looks really fun, I haven't really gotten the chance to try it out yet though. It was nice to watch people playing yet still have fun, something I can't really say for Call of Duty (gag).

Anyhow that was our exciting weekend! <3 - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Superadsuz said...

Can you add expansions to carcassonne on the phone??? sorry i got u guys hooked. Blame my friend megan.

Nila said...

@Suz - yes you can, they are planning on a release soon. I really miss cults and cathedrals. The river too. Dunno what they are planning on doing first. I'm glad you introduced it to us!