4.05.2011

5 must have items for a first time mom

 
Moby Wrap

Seriously was a lifesaver for me. Ethan was colicky from about a month and a half to three months, and this was the only thing that would calm him down! Sure, it's hard to get on, but once you get used to it you can do it with your eyes closed! I really didn't wear it much outside of my own home, but it's definitely the most comfortable carrier to wear.

Zippered Sleepers
 I hate hate hated the elastic band gowns when Ethan was a newborn, he hated them too! Instead of the sleepers with snaps, opt for the sleepers with zippers. One zip, and your baby is as naked as a jay bird! Really great for those 3 am, can barely open your eyes you are so tired, moments.

My Brest Friend

I remember going to Babies R Us to buy a shower gift for a friend, and laughing at the name of this contraption. Little did I know, 2 years later I would be shouting it's name from the mountain tops. I originally used a Boppy when Ethan was first born, and it made things a lot easier. However, as time wore on I noticed he was rolling a lot on it. My Brest Friend is totally flat, has a little lumbar support, and a pocket. I especially recommend it for well endowed women like me because we all know it's difficult to breastfeed when you have large ::ahem::

JJ Cole System 180 Diaper Bag

Alright, this is the best diaper bag EVER! I love it! I think I have used everything that is comes with every time we go out with Ethan. It's really roomy, my stuff will fit into it along with Ethan's. There are pockets galore, and if you know me, you know I love pockets! Even the pacifier holder is handy, it's nice to put it somewhere and know where it is going to be all the time. Not to mention it comes with stroller straps so you can hang it off the back, it is so nice to walk without a big bag. I can't recommend this bag enough!

SwaddleMe
Definitely couldn't live without this, even 6 months later. Ethan cannot go to sleep without it (which we are working on remedying). However, it's excellent for newborns even because it is so easy to use. I loved that I could change him while he was swaddled, and the velcro makes the swaddle more secure than a receiving blanket ever could. The only problem I have run across is that the cotton material will stretch, so the tabs won't line up and make it easy for him to break out of. I think I may have this problem because Ethan is a really skinny baby.

So that's it! My 5 must haves for a new mom.

No comments: