I'm sick, again!

So, it has been a whole week since I got sick, and I'm still feeling it! Last week I woke up with a absolutely horrible sore throat, drippy nose, and occasional sneezing. Because of the sneezing, I really thought that I was not sick and just allergic to something. I took some zyrtec and managed to go to church, we even went to breakfast after! As the day wore on, I just felt worse and worse. It culminated in a fever and chills at night.

I really haven't had a fever in such a long time, I can't even remember the last time I had one. In the morning, I was so sick with the fever I had to call Austine's mom to help me with Ethan. The runny nose turned into a stuffed (infected) nose, and the sore throat turned into congested (infected) bronchials. I am no stranger to bronchitis, it was the main illness that kept me out of school when I was a child. However, I haven't had bronchitis in over 3 years! I used to get it 3-4 times a year, and somehow, it just stopped.

Anyhow, now I had bronchitis and a sinus infection and needed to see a doctor. Austine's mom called the walk in clinic (free, since we have no insurance until Austine is fulltime) and asked when they take walk-ins. They told us 12:30, and we made it there just in time! It was pretty exhausting actually being out and about, sick, and with a kid. I totally managed though with the help of Kristina (my mother in law). So we finally get to the clinic, I walk up to sign in, and they tell me they already have two walk-ins. I look at them confused (or maybe just befuddled, my brain isn't working well at the moment), and they say they only accept a limited amount of walk-ins a day. Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. That really would have been nice to know when we called to see if you accept walk-ins.

Even now, I can't believe I didn't yell at this lady. I really do blame ( or am thankful for) having a fever, bronchitis, and a sinus infection. That's the only thing that saved that poor woman from me that day. Kris and I went home after that, and I pulled some strings and got a good friend of mine to get me some antibiotics from his dad (who is a doctor, by the way), and even an inhaler so I didn't feel like I was drowning 24/7.  They've helped immensely but I am still really darn congested and it's almost a week later. I'm hoping they can finish the job.

No comments: