I've been scouring the Internet for some ideas of fall wardrobe basics, stuff I will use constantly and for years to come. I've found it hard to come by an operational list for moms, as we really don't need a lot of that business casual stuff! I've made my own list, and I thought I'd share. I've already told my husband if I get a job a major portion of that will be devoted to getting new clothes (at least in the beginning). I'm still looking (for a job), so we'll see how soon this happens.
- 5 Pairs of Jeans- This is really necessary! Having one pair of jeans has made my life really hard, especially as it is getting cold. As a mom, I live in my jeans. There is rarely an occasion I don't have a pair on (except for church occasions!).
- Calf or Knee High Boots- I'm kinda aiming towards calf here. I really need something that will look great under a skirt, or jeans.
- 5, different colored camisoles - I wear the crap out of my basic tank tops right now, and these things are pretty dang awesome for layering. They are a must have!
- 3 Sweaters- I'm seeing a lot of "chunky" sweaters in right now, but I'd prefer a few basic ones that will always be in season.
- 3 Cardigans- For layering. I really think layering makes an outfit look so much more dynamic.
- 5 Plain Shirts- OK, as a mom I just cannot be wearing my Friday night out outfit while my son throws spaghetti all over me. Find them cheap, and buy lots.
- 3 or 4 Dressy Shirts- Be it something that will dress a cami up, or a nice shirt, these will be great to have when you want to go out. No more, "I have nothing to wear!".
- 1 or 2 LBDs- That's little black dress. I prefer long black dress, haha. For me, modesty always comes into play so I really prefer to find something knee or calf length. Nevertheless, having a LBD in your closet is a must.